In the travel industry, the first few months of the year is known as “wave season”. This is the time where people begin to think about where they want to go for vacation. Have you begun to plan your 2020 vacation? Where will you go? If you still haven’t decided, there are lots of new things happening at your favorite vacation destinations!
Disneyland and Walt Disney World:
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opened in 2019 in Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World and the Disneyland park. You will be transported into the world of Star Wars! There are two new attractions in Galaxy’s Edge.
- Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run where you get the chance to pilot the Millennium Falcon!
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance just opened in December in Walt Disney World, and just this week in Disneyland! You can join the resistance in a battle against the First Order.
- Epcot has a new show, Epcot Forever, that replaced Illuminations in late 2019. This show is an amazing site of fireworks, lasers and colorful kites. This show will be at Epcot until the new show, HarmoniUS, comes sometime in 2020.
- The new shows are only part of the extensive renovations that are happening now in Epcot! China and Canada are getting new movies, the Epcot entrance has already been updated to allow for more green space, and there are new dining options coming too! Space 220 will be located right above Mission Space attraction, and France will also be getting a new restaurant this summer.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway will open in March of 2020 in the Chinese Theater in Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World.
- A new Cirque du Soleil production will open in April in Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.
- Disneyland will be getting a new nighttime parade in the spring of 2020, named “Magic Happens”. This parade will feature some of your favorite characters from Moana, Coco and more.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is expected to open this summer in Epcot. This ride will be similar to the attraction in Disneyland Paris.
- The Avengers Campus is also set to open in summer of 2020 in the California Adventure Park in Disneyland. Will you be the next avenger??
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure opened in 2019 in Universal Studios Orlando. We were able to experience this on our agency trip in October, and it is amazing!! You have to go and see it yourself!!
- New resort options are also available at Universal Studios Orlando. Universal’s Endless Summer resort opened in 2019, and its sister resort, Dockside Inn and Suites will open in March 2020.
Sandals and Beaches resorts:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean has been getting a lot of new updates. In addition to the new Sandringham building, with amazing beachfront rooms and suites, two new dining options have just opened here. Now you can enjoy Pan- Caribbean fare at Spices and delicious Indian cuisine at Bombay.
- Sandals Montego Bay and Sandals Ochi opened new over-the-water wedding chapels in 2019. The floor of this wedding chapel is glass, so you will be walking on water as you have one of the most romantic weddings available!
- You will experience the ultimate in luxury when you stay at any of Sandals’ over-the-water suites in Jamaica or their top-tier suites in Sandals Royal Barbados. Now these luxurious vacations also include VIP arrival service! You will receive private luxury transfers, and expedited immigration services.
With so many new updates coming in 2020, I couldn’t put them all into one spot for you! Next week I will give you the updates coming to your favorite cruise line and other all-inclusive resorts. There’s never been a better time to plan your dream vacation, and Wishes & Dreams Travel can help take care of everything for you!